Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Best Preacher in the Metroplex

Today I heard one of the best if not the best preacher in the Metroplex. No I wasn't in Plano. I did not go to the Village. It was not found in Fort Worth anywhere, it was in a small church in Southlake, First Baptist to be exact.

When one of the members, a friend of mine, asked me to fill in as a music leader I was a little apprehensive. I feel called to preach, but no one has called me to preach and God provided this opportunity to minister through song, so I could not refuse. Dr. Yarnell has told us time and again when given an opportunity take it. I think that is wise advice, not matter what the circumstances.

It is a most blessed and loving church. The people were kind, and unlike other places, I could hear them sing. However, when the pastor, Scott, got up to preach I soon was astounded. He preached a...spin the wheel of adjectives...phenomenal sermon. It was the last two verses of John, a completion of a five year series.

If you have time to hear this great preaching you should take it. You will not be disappointed.

1 Comments:

Blogger C. A. McKinney said...

Good, biblical preaching is like a refreshing drink of water isn't it?

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home