Saturday, June 03, 2006

A Restful Weekend

Everyone needs a break. It is natural. For many of us that break starts at 5:00 on Friday. So as Shareen and I were discussing the weekend we decided that we would just relax, really relax for a time.

The cravings have begun and we decided upon chicken fried steak from Grandy's. My first experience to that establishment. The jury is out on if I will return, at least to that location. In the midst of our conversation the manager comes around and turns the TV to BET and cranks it up. I am not a hater of the hip hop scene, but I do enjoy a meal where I can talk with those with whom I am eating. Our exodus came quickly.

Then we went o blockbuster, and found virtually nothing. So we rented Fun with Dick and Jane. Cute, but not great. I also rented the first season of Lost. It might have been a mistake, but I am now hooked. Please no one tell me what is going on. I need to experience this as the original audience did. Two episodes down, many to go. Maybe someone has the first season (Matt perhaps) that would loan it to me. I have the first season of House, maybe we could trade. Anyhow, it is a great show.

Before bed we sat up played Counting Crows songs and looked up their meanings at annabegins.com. Check it out if you like the Counting Crows.

Now it is off to Wal-Mart to buy food. We are making dinner for the Yarnell's tonight. Karen had her baby if you did not know. Elizabeth Joy Yarnell, a great name.

Have a good weekend. Spend time with your family. Stay off the blogs. Have a great worship time on Sunday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I must say that I am disappointed with the "dissatisfied crew" of Baptist blogs of late (you know whom I'm talking about). Unfortunately, they have descended into hotbeds of slander, gossip, un-Christlike attitudes, and all manner of "dialogue" that, in my opinion, is doing damage to the cause of Christ.

As for Lost, welcome to the fan club, brother! :-) If you want to borrow Season 1 you are welcome to it. I'll be at the seminary Wednesday morning if you'd like for me to drop it off or something. Just shoot me an e-mail and let me know.

Glad you and Shareen had a relaxing weekend!

4:50 PM  
Blogger cde said...

I too would like to welcome you to the land of the Lost...wow..that doesn't sound all that great.

It is great that you guys had a restful weekend. We did too.

There is a quote on my blog that I am interested in hearing your thoughts on. It is a Haddon Robinson Quote.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Tucker said...

lost... dear, sweet lost... o how i'm addicted to thee.

i have thoughts of developing some character-based scenes for our youth Bible study. there is much to learn from the lives of the individual characters.

so, if you ever want to drop by north louisiana and borrow season 1, just holla!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home