Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ayn Rand, Fever Pitch, and Young Love

This weekend was slightly out of the ordinary. I started a book and finished it. Signed up for Blockbuster's version of Netflix and had my niece and her boyfriend/fiancé spend the weekend.

First off, Ayn Rand is one of the most interesting writers I have come across. She is known for works such as Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead, but is also a philosopher. I read Anthem this weekend, I know it was not a tough read, but it definitely posed some interesting thoughts for one to consider. I recommend it.

I also rented Fever Pitch. The movie about the fanatic Red Sox fan who falls in love. It is great. Not too chikie. If you are looking for movie for you and your loved one to rent this is it. Most of the other stuff at the store is trash.

Speaking of movies, tomorrow I will have three movies shipped to my door and I can return them via mail whenever I want. As soon as I return them they ship me another from my list. I know you have heard it before, but it really is great, especially if you live in the boondocks like TW. The advantage of Blockbuster is that they also give you a free rental from the store a week in addition. A great way to entertain! Forget the movies. My couch is more comfortable. My floors aren't sticky (mostly anyways) and the popcorn is cheap. Who could ask for more?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, Anthem. I remember that one. I was quite impressed by it in high school. I thought it was a really great read, though I believe Philip preferred Fountainhead. It was too long for me. I have missed you Mad... am glad to have found you here. I have now read your ENTIRE blog in one sitting and am fascinated with the man you have become.
Much love from your old Cub Scout leader.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home