Wednesday, June 14, 2006

House

On my last post I received an anonymous comment that claimed that House, the hit doctor show on Fox is better than Lost. Upon hearing that strange strings were pulled within me. How shall I respond? On the one hand I am completely intrigued by Lost and on the other I have found such satisfaction in the sarcastic genius of Gregory House.

My answer: Apples and Oranges. These shows are two of the best on television. They are different shows with different goals. If you were to compare all the CSI's or Law and Order's maybe we could play that game (the original for both, and don't get me started on the horrible acting on CSI Miami), however that game must not be played my friends. Both these shows are excellent (minus inappropriate scenes here and there). If you have not seen House M.D. check it out. I am sorry to those who are already hooked on other shows, but this one is amazing as well. Maybe next I should check out Alias or 24. I here they are of the same caliber.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think House is better. 24 is also pretty good. Watching Lost is kind of like watching the 4400. It was ok, but not worth getting the DVD's.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Fair enough, Madison. They really are two different shows. As for your mentioning of Alias and 24, I definitely have an opinion.

Alias is inferior to a previous show with almost the identical concept: La Femme Nikita. I've seen many episodes of Alias and every episode of La Femme Nikita and I can assure you that although La Femme Nikita is an older show, it is better by far.

Moreover, the main producer of 24 was also the producer of La Femme Nikita, hence 24's caliber.

Check out La Femme Nikita on DVD as opposed to Alias. The first three seasons are already available and the fourth will be available in July.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Did you decide what to do about Lost Season 2? (Hey, that rhymed)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Madison said...

Not yet. I figure I have time.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Thomas Winborn said...

A past lover of La Femme, I think Alias is better...at least the first few seasons.

As for House, M.D., it is the best show on right now. Keeps you on the edge of your seat and the star gets to say things to people that we only dream of saying to those around us sometimes.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the differential diagnosis?

5:24 PM  
Blogger Tucker said...

madison, i can solve your dilemma. borrow any season you want of alias from me and marion. we have them all. we are addicted. the brain behind lost is j.j. abrams, who also put together alias. that tells you something about its quality.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home