Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas at No Mistake


The idea of vacation has become skewed in our society, or at least I think so. Most people speak of taking vacations to places which require much planning, movement, and little rest. If you are like me those are the attributes of m daily life. I go from one project to the next. From one job to the next hardly getting a chance to breathe. When I want to go on vacation I like to be able to relax and not be in a hurry to anything. This is what this week has been like.

My folks live in the middle of nowhere Mississippi on an old place which dates before the American Civil War. It is surrounded by gardens, a pond, geese and ducks and little of anything else. Its remoteness limits one's ability to get up and go to the hustle and bustle of this world. Some might think this is such a horrible thing to do because they need to be in the midst of chaos. I take this time to relax from chaos. I wake to coffee with my parents, who oddly enough become more interesting as I get older. I read for a few hours what I want to read. I get a chance to reflect for once. This is a true vacation. When I leave here I will be refreshed, renewed, ready to conquer the next onslaught of tasks which await me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home