Thursday, March 02, 2006

A new definition of college

A friend of mine, who is a freshman in college, wrote the following assessment of her experience there.

"Oh, college. You masquerade as higher education, but you are really just a cover for a period of financially and emotionally expensive and risky self-debasement, over analysis, and obsessive reexamination of every conceivable neurosis or quirk, as well as a time for snarky politics and perceived witticisms and elaborate mating dances."

Thank You Monica!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She seems to be a well spoken girl... I'm not quite sure if I agree or not because the words are quite large, but by using context clues, I'm thinking that I agree with her. :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger C. A. McKinney said...

Sounds like why I went to college.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Thomas Winborn said...

It sounds like she went to college with me. ;-)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Nicolas Gold said...

Well, seminary is the same way. We just dress it up in religious language. ;-)

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home